Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we enter the final stretch before school begins, it is time to make a selection for your child/children’s educational needs for the 2020-2021 school year. Below are two different educational options available to your child/children. Please read through each plan carefully and fill out the form attached for each one of your children.
Traditional Learning Plan:
- In the traditional learning plan, students and staff will return to the classroom five days a week.
- Transportation will continue as in the past, with enhanced safety guidelines.
- More information can be found in the district back to school plan which can be found here.
Online Learning Plan:
- Parents can choose to opt-in to the Rambler Virtual Academy if their student is unable to return to the classroom. This full-time option will run independently of the district’s learning plan. As such, students must commit to the Rambler Virtual Academy for the full semester. The student may have the option to return to in-person instruction after the semester has ended pending administration approval.
- Students will be assigned a McBain School mentor teacher. This teacher will be available periodically to support instruction. Every effort will be made to allow students to follow their previously scheduled courses. Some elective courses or specials may not be offered in this setting.
- Students will be required to attend virtual class sessions and complete assignments as outlined by the teacher.
- Students will be held accountable for essential standards and skills and will demonstrate mastery of those skills.
- Parents of students with disabilities will need to contact the building administrator to inquire about online learning.
We know that this decision can be difficult to make, but we appreciate your understanding and support of McBain Rural Agricultural Schools.
Yours in Education,
Stephen R. Prissel, Ph.D.
McBain Rural Agricultural School District