Welcome to the homepage of the McBain Technology Department! Our goal here in McBain is to enhance learning in new and powerful ways. We want to make sure that every student is equipped to excel in the 21st-century workforce.
Welcome to the Tech Dech!
Dear students and parents,
After a whirlwind year and a rather busy summer, it is time to start handing out student devices! One thing that we are modifying this year is our insurance policy. Due to the uncertainty of this year, we will only have two options for insurance. Option 1 will still be the $50 insurance plan, which will cover one broken computer incident. Option 2 does not require payment upfront, but the student/parent can be held liable for up to $200 in damages. There will not be an option 3(Leaving the computer at school).
Due to safety precautions, we have been working on a digital document platform. This platform will allow parents to pre-sign the required acceptable use policy, cord policy and to pick an insurance option. This should dramatically speed up computer pickup this year! We are also recommending that if parents pick the $50 computer insurance option that they pay using a credit or debit card. Due to the pandemic, we are waiving the 3% processing fee for using a credit or debit card. We will also accept cash or a check. We are planning on having 2 nights for computer pick up Tuesday, August 18th and Wednesday, August 19th from 5-7 P.M.
Instructions for using the digital documents platform.
- Head over to www.mcbain.org/technology
- Click on the link-that says “Sign Digital· Agreements”
- Create-an account. This will ask you for an email address and your name
- You should receive a one-time password in your email. Please type this in on the website
- Once logged in, add your students. Students are added by searching for the student’s Last Name, Date of Birth, and student number. You may need your student by you for their student number
- Once your students have been added, click each red box to fill out the digital documents
- Please remember- that payments will.be due at the time of pickup
This year is going to look a little different for computer pickup. Please come around the backside of the school by the playground and you will be directed from there. Please stay in your car at all times! See the image below for traffic flow.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 231-825-3817. Thank you!